Rome was not built in a day.
I can guarantee one thing…your team won’t be built in a day, either.
Many leaders think their teams will organically and naturally function at a high-performing level.
But this is simply not true.
Teams don’t naturally become collaborative, high-trust entities.
This end state requires a plan and a lot of hard work.
The reality is that teams are more complex, fluid, and dispersed than ever before. Yet most of us spend 60% of our time working on a team.
This percentage translates to about 25 hours of a 40-hour workweek!
So, putting the effort into building and developing your team matters…and is worth the work.
But how do you know if you are focusing your time and energy on the right tasks to build an effective team?
Take a minute to review the checklist below.
Identify what you are currently doing well and where you have some gaps in your team management skills.
- I set aside time to coach my team members to help them to grow and develop.
- When developing a person on my team, I set clear goals and monitor their progress.
- I hold my team accountable to achieve their goals and objectives.
- I regularly give positive feedback when people go the extra mile.
- I give difficult or constructive feedback right away rather than avoiding the issue.
- I ensure that my team members clearly understand their roles and responsibilities.
- I delegate the right work in the right way to the right people.
- I know how to boost the performance and confidence of the people on my team.
- I facilitate productive team meetings.
- I am consciously developing an open, respectful and trusting team environment.
Now more than ever, the way we team and work with others matters.
The ability of leaders like you to build team cohesiveness in these difficult times – will mark the difference between which teams thrive and which falter.
So, take the time to create a great team.
While you cannot expect success to come right away, you can achieve it with continued persistence.
By the way, I am really committed in 2022 to helping leaders to develop their teams so everyone feels fulfilled and aligned.
If you are interested in learning more about how I help you to strategically build a high performing and collaborative team, reach out to me at email@example.com