Welcome to week 7 of my 3-month series called:
TAKE YOUR LEADERSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL: Learn the 3-pillars of leadership success.
Anyone who tells you they have the “secret sauce” to building a high-performing team is not telling the truth!
Quite frankly, there is no secret sauce.
Every team is different.
Every leader has their own style.
Every organization has a unique culture.
This means that there is not one way to achieve high performance.
However, you can definitely achieve this goal with some time, energy, and creativity.
One way to get there is to focus on developing a few key drivers of high performance.
This model includes 5 key drivers that you can strategically build over time:
While each of these drivers looks simple on paper, they will take quite a bit of time and effort to implement.
Here are some questions that you can ask yourself (and your team) to ensure that you are leveraging each of these key drivers effectively:
- Shared vision: What is our desired state as a team? Where are we now? What do we need to do to achieve our desired state?
- Clear goals: What goals will help us to achieve our vision? Which of these goals is a priority this quarter?
- Defined roles and responsibilities: What are each of our strengths? How can we each leverage our strengths to achieve our vision and goals?
- Mutual trust: When we work together, are we transparent with each other? Do we keep our commitments? Are we respectful? Do we listen to each other?
- Effective communication: Do we understand the different communication styles on our team? Are we respectful of each other’s communication style? Do we communicate openly and honestly?
Creating a high-performing team is a journey.
It is not something that will happen overnight.
You will have some challenges along the way.