Welcome to the second week of the “developing your team management skills” series.
Developing a high-performing team is not easy.
It takes work.
It requires a concerted effort to accomplish.
If you see another leader with a very high-performing team, I guarantee you that this team, like Rome, was not built in a day!
The leader of this team has worked very hard and very strategically over time to put key building blocks in place to get there.
Ready to learn a few building blocks that you can put in place to ensure that your team is engaged and high-performing?
Well, let’s start at the beginning.
Whether your team is 2 days old or 2 years old, here are 5 things that you must do to create a strong foundation for your team:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities: When they are not clear, you are highly likely to have conflict on your team.
- Build trust. Without trust, your team’s performance will decrease, communication will dimmish, and your results will suffer.
- Identify your key goals and objectives. This will allow your team to be focused and aligned.
- Learn what makes your team members tick. This will help you delegate effectively and change or adjust your style to meet the diverse needs of the people on your team.
- Leverage open communication. Most teams do not communicate well. Connect with your team. Ask them what your key communication challenges are right now and work together to overcome these issues.
So, what do you need to do to create a strong foundation for your team?
Even if you have a high-performing team right now, there are always more efficient ways to work together.
To ensure that your team is high-performing, you should develop a strategy to effectively move from where you are right now…to where you want to be!
Are you ready to start building high performance on your team?
Find out more here.. https://www.mosaicpd.com/services/#teamalignment