Welcome to week 11 of my 3-month series called:
TAKE YOUR LEADERSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL: Learn the 3-pillars of leadership success.
In October, we are exploring pillar 3: Lead Your Business.
Today we are going to discuss how you can implement more strategically.
So, you’ve got a vision for your team or business.
Now, how are you going to implement that vision?
Many leaders get stuck at this point in the strategic planning process.
Creating a vision is one thing.
Implementing that vision is quite another.
Leaders often overlook the “strategic implementation” process.
So, here are three things that you can do to implement your vision effectively:
- Create an action plan. Achieving your vision may feel overwhelming. So, start by planning. Make a list of all the tasks that need to be done to achieve the vision. Put these tasks on an excel spreadsheet and then provide a timeline for each task. Some tasks need to be done now, and others can wait until next quarter or next year.
- Move that plan into action. Action requires people. So, share your task list with your team and work together to assign each task to the appropriate person. It’s important to do this process with your team to include them and gain their buy-in.
- Hold your team accountable. Return to your excel spreadsheet regularly. Review it in your one-on-one meetings. Ask your team for updates on their tasks and project deliverables.
Now, is this 3-step process rocket science?
You can probably implement these steps with your eyes closed.
But are you taking the time to do this?
Most leaders are not.
- Some people are stuck in the weeds.
- Others don’t carve out the time to think and execute strategically.
- Some leaders don’t delegate, so they are too busy to plan.
- Others are perfectionists and are doing everyone else’s job. So, they don’t have the time to focus on the strategic part of their job.
Being strategic means taking your vision and creating a plan to implement it.
Being strategic means taking that plan and moving it into action.
What do you need to do to ensure that you are executing your vision strategically?
Lead Your People Program
Are you ready to accelerate your learning as a leader?
If so, you have just ONE MORE DAY to register for the Lead Your People Program, which starts on November 1st, 2022.
Do you sometimes worry about not leading the “right way”?
If so, I’d like to reassure you that if you invest the time in developing key leadership skills, you will feel really confident in your leadership role.
You just need to learn how to lead your people.
In this program, I will show you exactly HOW to do that!
You will learn how to:
- Develop a strong leadership brand
- Give feedback and have difficult conversations
- Coach for results
- Manage your time and priorities
- Delegate and develop your team effectively
- Lead and communicate change
This LIVE program will be delivered over ZOOM on November 1st, November 29th, January 10th, January 24th, February 7th, and February 21st.
Go here to register and find out more: https://www.mosaicpd.com/lead-your-people/.
You have just one more day to register, so register today.
Here is what clients are saying about Vanessa’s program:
I recently completed the Lead Your People Program with Vanessa Judelman. I learned a lot about how to improve team engagement. I was able to really hone my coaching skills and learned how to develop my people strategically. One of my biggest takeaways was how to give feedback properly and without judgment.
The sessions were all very interactive and practical. I strongly recommend this training for all leaders and aspiring leaders.
— Theresa Onwughalu, Senior Small Business Advisor Scotia Bank